Album Art Design Direction Page
Brian and Benji. Here are some tools to help you design my album art. Let me know if you have any questions.
OVER ALL IDEA
The name of the EP/Album is going to be "Paper Rocket." The general sound theme of the songs are very celestial which made me think of space, and the stars. I image maybe a kid throwing a really cool paper rocket/spaceship that he made himself, or playing with one, watching one take off, or laying in the green imagining one take off, or something. The rocket/spaceship itself I see it being just a very neat, but almost hand drawn, or 3D illustration of a hand made toy rocket/spaceship made out of paper or cardboard. I want the design to have some depth to it where if looks as if you can feel it. As if it was make from cardboard, construction paper, color pencils or even paint brushed on. A kid made it.
Imagine a hybrid of really nice modern, digital design work, done by a kid who is trying to do a more modern rendition of Steampunk art, by hand, or something. But not steampunk.
NEEDED USAGE AND FORMATS
- CDs/Vinyl Records - The artwork needs to look good on a CD case (going to buy the cardboard sleeve kind (example and templates link here)
- Poster - The artwork needs to also be usable on a poster that will be printed and sold as merch, something simple. We can discuss formatting if needed later as I haven't found a printer for this yet. I will likely just take the file and lay this out myself at a later date.
- T-Shirt - The Artwork needs to look both good in color and in a single color (it will be printed on T-shirts in a single color.)
I'm open to suggestions on this. It needs to be digital in its final form, but like I said in the above line, I was thinking since I sort of want a rocket/spaceship I want the design to have some depth to it where if looks as if you can feel it. As if it was make from cardboard, construction paper, color pencils or even paint brushed on. A kid made it.
CURRENT BRANDING IN USE
- TYPEFACE - I prefer to use the type faced called Bebas Neue. The logo that BYD did for me is based on that from a concept I sent them.
- LOGO - This is the current logo in use also Designed by BYD
I like really any combination of these colors and the texture of them in this photo.
I REALLY love this artwork.